Thursday, October 2, 2008

Public Hookah'ing

I've oft wondered: will the day ever come when hookahs become socially acceptable enough that they are smoked publicly in plain view, without fear of police mistaking it for something else?

I may have found my answer. See pic on the right.

What do you think: Is this the new norm? Are these guys on the cutting-edge, slightly ahead of their time? Or is this just an aberration - not even close to socially acceptable yet?

(Oh, and in case UPD is reading, hookahs are legal.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you been living under a rock for the past few years? "Public Hookah use" is as common as public spitting. I'm a senior, and I've seen people doing this since freshman year.

Zahin Hasan said...

Visiting Ames on any given night will probably give you a nice dose of hookahs. A bunch of other universities have the same situation, but those who do hookah are even easier to find.