Sunday, April 5, 2009

DC Summer Leagues

I just got back from an ultimate Frisbee tournament in southern Maryland, where the GW Men's team finished up an awesome season. They've had a great year, but their run was definitely cut too short, with the seniors saying goodbye a bit earlier than expected. Luckily for them, ultimate is a popular sport for alumni and current students alike to play during the summer. After talking to some of the guys about various summer and club teams, I decided that I'm going to join a summer league.

I'm not sure I'm going to jump on the ultimate bandwagon, but I'd love to start playing ball again. Summer leagues are always fun, whether you play on a competitive team or a more laid-back one. They're a great way to hang out with old friends, make new ones, and to chill out after a day at work or the internship.

If you're sticking around DC this summer, check out the Neighborhood Athletic Association and DC City Ball to see some of the options. Anybody have any recommendations?

No comments: