Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Music Happens Here

I was just sitting in J Street when I was handed a palm card for an excellent benefit show tomorrow night. Rock for Haiti will feature 2 GW bands, a GW DJ, GW graduates Lucky Dub and a band called The Method who is on the rise in the hit-or-miss DC jam scene. Lucky Dub is simply the best band to come out of GW since Jukebox with easy listening Raggae tunes. TNTrio is my favorite current GW band, a sick hip hop trio featuring Tony Fowler on vocals. I'm not much for DJs, but DJ TJ was at the Wild North party last Friday so he should bring some energy to a low key show. I had actually never listened to The Method before, but check them out. They're website has some good tracks to get you started.

The event is at Skye Lounge on 19th and I from 8:00 until 2:00 am tomorrow (Thursday) night. Cover's $10 but it's all going to Haiti so come out and show your love for our GW bands.

Set List:
8:00 TNTrio
9:00 The Method
10:00 East Coast Caravan
11:00 Lucky Dub
12:00 DJ TJ

No comments: