Sunday, April 4, 2010

Invasion of DC

It's that time of the year. The cherry blossoms are in full force. The tourist groups travel down the roads in their buses. And every other minute a group of prospective students crowd the sidewalks. Gotta love spring.

If I could wave a magic wand, you better believe I would make all the tourists go away. It becomes impossible to run anywhere because all the sidewalks are constantly clogged. Walking to class becomes a painstaking process of walking around people who stop every 5 seconds to take a picture. Going anywhere means being stopped by those asking for directions. Most of the time I just feign ignorance. I think someone asked onetime where the White House was. I felt a bit guilty for saying "I don't know where that is." I got places to be, though.

But, alas, I probably knew this before I decided to come to GW. It's no surprise that this is one of the biggest tourist destinations in the country. It's a great city. Minus the tourists.

No comments: