The Hatchet is reporting today that Karl Rove will be speaking at GW later this month.
Great! Maybe this time YAF will actually allow everyone to attend the event. The last time they hosted a speaker, I believe it was Ann Coulter, I was told that I could not get a ticket because I am on the Executive Board of the College Democrats, and our organization had come out against Ms. Coulter speaking at GW.
Its a shame; I really hope this time around, YAF allows other voices into the room, not just those who adore these conservative icons.
There are a few questions I'd like to ask Mr. Rove:
1. What was your role in the Valerie Plame leak? Did you confirm her status with the CIA to Mr. Novak, and if so, why didn't you come forward when the President requested you do so?
2. What did you mean when you said, "Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 in the attacks and prepared for war; liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers,"? Which liberals wanted to offer therapy to the terrorists?
3. Did you have any part in spreading the untrue rumors about John McCain before the 2000 South Carolina primary? If so, why are you now advising his campaign?
4. What role did you play in the firing of 9 US Attorney's last year? Aren't US Attorney's, by their very nature, supposed to be outside the political circus? If you are completely innocent, as you claim, why do you refuse to answer question from Congress, on the record and under oath?
5. Who convinced you to do the that dance at the White House Correspondence dinner last year?
I hope to get to ask Mr. Rove a few these questions, though I sincerely doubt I will have that opportunity.