Monday, March 24, 2008

TAKE ACTION AGAINST GW OFFICE OF STUDY ABROAD


I appreciated thoughts from both Ian and Bernadette about the cost of study abroad at GW. Both bloggers, along with the Hatchet, made worthwhile contributions important to continuing to engage students and the administration on this issue.

First, I must disclose that I agree with Ian's point about financial aid. But I would take it one step further by noting that I think the problem of over-priced study abroad once again stems from GW's outrageous sticker price.

I too, like Ian, disagree with Bernadette's point that studying abroad shouldn't be about spending money, because let's face it the world revolves around money and you can't get to the other side of the planet without it.

That said, I want students to make their voice heard and let the Offices of Financial Assistance, Student Accounts, and Study Abroad know that they 1) disagree with the study abroad policy and 2) demand a change.

By flooding their email inboxes: finaid@gwu.edu, studyabr@gwu.edu, and sao@gwu.edu, we can make a difference.

If you think GW should stop overcharging it's students, send an email to those offices and 5 friends who you think would agree.



No comments: