Thursday, March 12, 2009

Breaking: Kyle Boyer to Challenge JEC Decision

In an e-mail message to campaign supporters forwarded to the GWBlogspot Kyle Boyer: said:

YES I am going to challenge the decision. Too many people have volunteered their time, changed their profile pics, etc. for me to not finish this race. As soon as we can, we will file with the Student Court, and hopefully begin the process of reversing the JEC and finishing this election.


As of now elections are slated for the end of March. However, when Boyer does file suit, there is a chance he could postpone the election further.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone,

Thank you all for your words of support, prayers, etc. I obviously am not happy about the decision. The accusations of being a cheat and a fraud are kind of offensive as well. BUT the words of support, the phone vibrating off its charger, the friends, the family, and the knowledge of being right still outweigh the bad. In my 9:35 this morning a row of students behind me (didn't know I was there) and were talking about the Hatchet's article. I listened to them figuring they represent the average student, and without knowing I was in the class I could hear them yell "they really screwed him" or "that is so not fair" and I happen to agree with both. Those of you who have seen my status over the last day know its Romans 8:28, which basically tells us that everything happens for a reason. Since last night, I've focused my deliberation on whether or not its worth it at this point: the SA needs fixing, will people even respect me as a leader, can I afford the time and effort?

To answer all of you, YES I am going to challenge the decision. Too many people have volunteered their time, changed their profile pics, etc. for me to not finish this race. As soon as we can, we will file with the Student Court, and hopefully begin the process of reversing the JEC and finishing this election.

So, go to Mexico, Aruba, Nola, or Pennsylvania like me, and enjoy your Spring Break. Rest, recoup and rejuvenate, be thankful for the things that really matter in life (not SA politics), and we'll finish this up when we get back.

I love and appreciate all of you,
Kyle