Thursday, April 17, 2008

Want a Desk Job After Graduation? Neither Do I

Lately I have been thinking about how I'm actually going to be graduating college next year. At first, I was extremely sad. Not because of the working world, but because my friends live far away, and I enjoy sitting around, drinking, barbecuing, and having little to no responsibilities.

Then I got a job in an office and was pretty excited because I could be on the computer and relax at times. Two hours later, I decided I was BORED and desk jobs are NOT for me. This was my second freak out about graduating...where am I gonna get a job with little to no sitting, that pays well?

All of a sudden a bell went off in my head...the PEACE CORPS!! I have met so many people and randomly asked what they did after college, and I have just been realizing a ton of people go into the Peace Corps.

And the interview process seems pretty easy when they ask one lovely question
Are you ready to embark on a new journey in life, explore new opportunities, or be a catalyst for change?
YES...YES I DO! Luckily for GW students the Career Center is giving us an easy opportunity to get more information on the subject. On April 29th, there will be an open forum for discussions and to figure out if the Peace Corps is right for you. To find more details on the event click here.

No comments: